The City of Worcester is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Planning Analyst. This position is responsible for supporting a variety of planning activities involving subjects such as land use, zoning, development review, urban design, and comprehensive planning, and additionally provides technical assistance to the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; have the ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations; demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn & think creatively and work collaboratively; have the ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced office environment; have knowledge of the principles and practices of city/urban planning as demonstrated by academic background and/or work experience; demonstrate proficiency with personal computers, including GIS and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree in city or regional planning, urban studies, geography, architecture/landscape architecture, civil engineering or other related discipline
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Familiarity with review of site development and land use proposals
- Knowledge of zoning and subdivision laws
- Experience with web content development, Adobe Acrobat, desktop publishing software and/or and graphic design software
- Customer service experience
Starting Salary: $50,029 to $54,725 annually, full-time, with an excellent benefits package
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to Human Resources Department, Room 109, 455 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01608 by July 27, 2018. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Preference is given to Worcester residents.